twitter
    BPA Free Water Bottles Wholesale

Monday, May 16, 2016

Dean Karnazes Who Running All The Times

Apparently he started ultra-marathon running after having a drunken epiphany/mid-life crisis on his 30th birthday while running away from a bar to avoid cheating on his wife.
He proceeded to run over 30miles in his underwear while smashed drunk and decided to have a career change.

I've lived a fairly wild life. In the past alcohol, a lot of smoking and a big bag of drugs. Hit by an articulated lorry on the M25, not a scratch on me. Various other near death experiences. At this point I feel like nothing is going to kill me so I'm a bit worried. Yeah, I really did think it would be over by now. However, new reasons to be alive keep happening. I have a beautiful granddaughter now and she makes me feel so bloody happy.

It certainly seems like a "trend" in ultramarathoners that they were addicted to something and end up converting that obsession into extreme distance running. Obviously it ends up being observer's bias since out of thousands there really may only be a dozen confessions about drug/alcohol abuse, but its often those that make the "news" that makes it seem so.

My brother used to win bets like this. He was an obese, short 5'9", chain smoker. But for whatever reason he could run like the wind.He used to bet athletes that he could beat them in a 40 yard dash. Often times smoking a cigarette at the time.After they accepted, he would take huge drag from his cigarette and leave them in the dust.I never seen him lose a race.

I decided to run my first marathon when I was piss ass drunk one night during my freshman year. Followed through with it and ran two marathons. Ended up destroying my ankle in the process.That show was always weird to me in that a lot of the people on that show had " abilities" where they should be able to win shit on the Olympics or professional sports. Like the rock climber they featured hasn't done anything that great in the professional climbing world. Same with the strong man and even the guy in this thread. There are other people that have done exactly what he has but better


No comments:

Post a Comment