twitter
    BPA Free Water Bottles Wholesale

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

What Do You Think About Japanese Toilet Paper Holder

You just made me realize how much I would prefer a toilet instead of a driver's seat. My life would be so much more efficient.That's literally just crapping yourself without even the decency of pants, despite sitting on a toilet.You know that wouldn't be too hard to make... cut a hole in a car seat, put a bedpan inside and presto, insta-car toilet.Yup. Anytime I see a little shop that only accepts cash, willfully turning away money from a huge amount of customers in a first-world country, I assume they're committing tax fraud.Which decreases the expectation of getting mugged, which decreases people's level of caution, which in turn makes it a muggers paradise full of soft targets.

First thing I was blown away by. Got off the plane and needed to use the bathroom. Those airport bathrooms are amazing!! Huge stalls with incredibly private door (no cracks), bidet with dryer and even a sound machine of bubbling brook to drown out your bathroom noises. They even had a stall with a squaty potty for those who use them and one with a child seat to strap your toddler in.I'm gonna be in Japan for the first time soon. I thought credit cards were used a lot? Do I really need to bring a bunch of Yen into the country?
Japan has a strong cultural aversion to credit cards, which they associate with loan sharking. Since organized crime for a very long time controlled basically all of money lending in Japan, going into debt still carries a stigma (even for legitimate ways like a credit card)Can confirm. I still remember a video they showed at the high school I was an exchange student at. My Japanese was poor at the time, but the message was clear by the end.It showed a young professional spending wildly and using his credit card to buy nice clothes, taking out a loan for a car, etc at the encouragement of his friends.

The next scene was of him curled up in a corner of his apartment, surrounded by what I presume were bills, looking distressed. He made a phone call to a shady dude that I figure was a Yakuza loan shark.The film ended with him committing suicide.I saw this short movie 14 years ago in a language I didn't understand and I still remember it.As an exchange student in Japan, I saw a short film in school where a man used a credit card, wound up in debt to the yakuza, then killed himself. Stuck with me for over a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment