twitter
    BPA Free Water Bottles Wholesale

Monday, June 13, 2016

Supposed to Paint a Lighthouse By Got Dragged to a Paint Nite Class

Most places like that serve wine. Actually kinda fun to get plastered on wine, gorged out on cheese, and paint something totally apart from what the instructor wants you to paint."Now dip just the tip into your paint. Just the tip. You can dip more later if you feel like it." I went to one where they showed us how to paint Venice at Twilight. The instructor was actively encouraging anyone who didn't find that interesting to riff on it or paint something else completely.I screwed mine up and it looked really overly dark and spooky... so I painted in a shit ton of bats and called it Dracula's castle.I highly doubt it. I used to help teach these classes. They are paying for the session so they can paint whatever they like. The instructors could care less and might even appreciate the creativity. These classes are a joke if you really want to learn something but I suppose it's pretty fun if you just want to drink and hang out with friends.

I've never gone to one of these things, but knowing what I know about people I'd say it's probably split pretty evenly between people like yourself and people on power trips who will throw a hissy fit if you don't do what they say.Not to soapbox, but my studio doesn't hire people like that. I've heard from students about those other studios and it sounds like no fun. We're all about the fun! And wine!The ones I have been to were "There is wine and beer in the back. If you want anything harder there is a bar next door they let you bring their glasses here if you promise to return them after the paint night." Or "Wine and beer for sale, or byob."
My (8-year-old) son found a doodle pad I had in college the other day. There was a page with a "Frankendick", one with a family of four dicks, a KISS dick, etc. He laughed as much as I did when I drew them. Then I caught him. And I had to tell him with a straight face that it wasn't cool for a kid his age to laugh at dicks. Which isn't true. Dicks are always funny.Agreed, I reckon even the best artists had dick and ball painting contests, Dali's and Picasso's were no doubt the best, simply because the majority of people who looked at it wouldn't be able to decipher what it was....but they'd know....they'd know.I've been to 2 "wine and canvas" things. The wine is usually a bait and switch. if it is there they charge extra. bring a flask.

He got those all out of order. He should have gone to help Sansa, live to fight another day. They could always get the castle back later. He did it once already.Everyone always complains about going to these paint places, fuck that I would love to. I will take your place, get trashed on wine, eat cheese, and show off my complete lack of talent.Yeah idk what their deal is. It's fun! You get drunk and learn to paint stuff! At the ones I've been to, the instructor even encourages everyone to do their own thing if they're not feeling the OP,Well she is just so much more creative than the other sheep in that class. Did you see? They all made the exact same thing? She's the true artist. So inspired. She made a meme.

It's so zany to go to a painting class and NOT paint what the class is painting...who would have ever thought to do that...until that one person did it 3-4 years ago...artists are so zany and unpredictable, just overflowing with creative ideas...That person looks exactly like my dad, you don't happen to live in Texas, do you? I showed my mom the pic and she did a double take because she thought it was my dad in a blouse.Quite good, your sunset looks by far the best, jokes aside I feel like if you had followed the instructions and done the lighthouse yours would have come out the best. I assume you have some experience painting prior to this class?






No comments:

Post a Comment